Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My "New" Kitchen Light

I really want to replace the lighting in the kitchen, but it just isn't in the budget right now.


Here's a close up of the one over the sink.  
There is a similar one in the center of the ceiling (just a bit bigger and octagonal).




During one of the many times we worked on cleaning up/out the garage, I realized that we still had a pendant light that we had installed in our previous rental above Brian's desk area.  Since there was not already a light above his desk, he had actually fitted it to be a plug in light instead of wired directly to the ceiling and then we took it down when we moved.

This weekend he hung it for me!  


He had to shorten the pole because it was hanging too low, 
but it gives so much more light than the other one.


It's not the exact look I'm going for, it works for now and it is using something we already had.  I am planning to spray paint the brass on the other light fixture so they will match a little better.

As much as I would like to do all the projects now and get everything just like we want them, I have to keep reminding myself...baby steps!


Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment