Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 Yesterday was Sarah's birthday, the day before Halloween.  Because I was having to be induced, the doctor gave me the choice.  I could have her on Monday or Tuesday.  I really didn't want her to have her birthday on Halloween, so I went with Monday. 


The girl LOVES dressing up, she LOVES going trick-or-treating, and she LOVES pumpkins.  I guess she was born at just the right time of year!

Our lives have been so busy, that we didn't even get a pumpkin this year.  No trip to the orchard, no pumpkin patch, no corn maze!  I can't believe it!  All we have are three little pumpkins she wanted from the farmers market when we were in Nashville.



Life can get so crazy that we sometimes forget to stop and make memories...

This morning some of the day care kiddos came to the offices for their annual Parade of Costumes. I, of course, forgot the camera.  Thankfully, Brian was able to take a couple with his phone. 

 
I just love having the day care across the parking lot!



Tonight our church is participating in our town's big Halloween event on main street.  Our church gives out free hotdogs, usually about 500 of them!  We also give out candy bags with a little card in it just to share that Jesus loves them. This year we are doing a Trunk or Treat to give out candy.  It should be a blast and it can be such a great way to share the love of Christ with others!

I found this today and wanted to share it with you.

A lady recently being baptized was asked by a co-worker what it was like to be a Christian. 
She replied, "It's like being a pumpkin:
God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off you may have gotten from the other pumpkins. Then he cuts the top off and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc.
Then He carves you a new smiling face and 

puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."






 I want to be Your hands and feet
I want to live a life that leads
To see You set the captive free
Until the whole world hears
And I pray the day will see
More of You and less of me
Lord, I want my life to be
The song You sing


May the light of Jesus shine through you today and everyday until the whole world sees and hears!


Living thru faith,
Misty



No comments:

Post a Comment