Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September Menu

It took more time than I had hoped, but it is finally done!

I have completed the menu for the entire month of September!

Now, I think I need a vacation.

1 - Something Out 
(1st cross country meet & I have to do the shopping!)
2 - Snack Foods (Family Movie Night)
3 - Chicken kabobs, grilled corn-on-the-cob
  4 - Ham and Cheese Sliders, chips
5 - Hamburgers, baked beans (Labor Day)
6 - Ham and Potato Corn Chowder, cornbread
7 - Parmesan Crusted Chicken, carrots, salad
8 - Leftovers
9 - Fish Po-boys, fries
10 - Lasagna, salad, bread
11 - Leftovers
12 - Crock pot Jambalaya, cornbread
13 - Leftovers
14 - Chicken Enchiladas, salad 
15 - Chicken Fried Rice
16 - Pizza, veggies and dip
17 - Broccoli cheddar soup, bread
18 - Sloppy joes, carrots and dip
19 - Grilled chicken, green beans, salad
20 - Leftovers
21 - Grilled Chicken salads, bread
22 - Sensational rice, broccoli, bread
23 - Beef and Cheese nachos
 24 - Taco Cupcakes, chips and salsa
25 - Ham, mac-n-cheese, lima beans
26 - Spaghetti, salad
27 - Leftovers
28 - Quesadillas, spanish rice
29 - Chicken noodle soup, cornbread
30 - Calzones (Family Movie Night)

I'm trying all kinds of new recipes trying to give us some variety and not be tempted to eat out.  I'm sure I'll need to make some adjustments along the way, but my goal is to keep within my grocery budget and keep from eating out in September unless absolutely necessary. That, of course, is going to be the big challenge considering I have to navigate the cross country and baseball schedules.  My game plan is to have other items on hand to make quick things we can take with us (like homemade "lunchables", fruit and veggies, finger food that doesn't have to be heated up - if you have any ideas let me know!)

Now, to get that shopping list together...

Definitely think I'm going to need a vacation.

Living thru faith,
Misty

2 comments:

  1. It does take time to plan a menu for the month. It looks really good.

    Have a great day.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...something I never managed. My best planning was for two weeks and I only did that a dozen times or so.

    ReplyDelete