Friday, August 12, 2011

Hubby saved the day!

A couple of days ago when I first started this post, it had a much different title.  A couple of days ago I was in mourning...

for my showerhead.

Because the kids' bathroom wasn't finished when the boys got back, they had to use our shower a couple times.  For some reason I still do not understand, Matt tried to adjust my fixed showerhead and I ended up with a crack in the connector section of 
my little piece of heaven



Brian took it back to Lowe's since we had only had it for 4 months, but it had been too long so they wouldn't accept it.  They did give us the information to contact the manufacturer, so we will see what happens with that.

Sadly, they no longer had the same one, so he picked out another one that indicated a "robust flow of water."  I'm not sure what dictionary they were looking in, but their definition of "robust" didn't even come close to mine!  So back that one went.

We went back and looked again...and again...and again.

You see, as my husband says, my hair sheds water like a duck.  I have to have a strong stream of water or my hair ends up in a tangled, flat mess and it ends up taking me twice as long in the shower, which just defeats any water saving features.

 Brian wouldn't let me get the one I wanted which said "3X the pressure".  He just refused to pay $60 for a shower head. (Can't say that I blame him, but I was desperate!) So, we picked out another one and I tried it out before bed.  It left my hair frizzy...


So, we took it back the next day and got a different one.  It was a little better, but still not worth the price.  It left my hair flat...


So, we went back the next day and got a different one.  It was so bad, even Brian didn't like it.  You had to put the shower pouf up right next to it to rinse out the suds.  


And then....


He looked up to see if by some chance we could order a replacement part.  They had other parts available, but not that one.  And then he discovered we could order a new one online AND it was only $24 through Amazon AND we could get 2 days free shipping!

He was able to put tape around the connector or something, so we can use the old one until the new one arrives.


Momma is happy now...and so is my hair!  :-)

Living thru faith,
Misty

1 comment: