Friday, January 27, 2012

Whew! It's Friday!

It's been a crazy week and I am so glad it's Friday!

 I spent most of Sunday cleaning up the house.  I don't mean cleaning, I mean cleaning up.  Our house has been a mess with so much going on and no time to deal with things and put things away.  I even had some Christmas stuff still sitting around.


(In the spirit of full disclosure, the lights are still hanging outside!)

This has been my last week of work and I've been blessed to spend some of that time working from home.  Daniel has been so happy to have me home in the afternoons when he gets off the bus.

Monday night we actually ate dinner at the table for the first time since before Christmas!


Sarah was so excited she wanted to light the candles.  
We have eaten at the table every night this week except one.

 
Wednesday I took Sarah to the dentist.  She was not happy to be going and I was really worried we would have a repeat of the last time when she had one meltdown after another and they barely got her teeth cleaned.
Before we got out of the car, I asked Sarah if she wanted to pray before we went it.  She said yes and it was amazing the difference in her demeanor afterward.  She felt so much better and did a great job!

The other big event this week is that we actually got the Buick fixed!!!!  Well, we think, anyway.  We took it to a place that had more extensive testing equipment, so we have high hopes that everything is fixed and we won't see any more symptoms when the weather warms up.

So, now I am getting ready to head into work for the last time.  I am really excited about moving forward on this new part of our journey, but I will really miss all the people I worked with everyday.  I enjoyed my job and was blessed to work with so many wonderful people.

Next week I will have the days to myself without children and I've already been making some plans.  I'm going to work hard around here this weekend and then Monday is Pajama Day!  Yep, my goals for Monday...do as little as possible and stay in my pajamas all day!  There is no snow in the forecast for Sunday or Monday, so if everyone can stay well I may be able meet my goals!  :-)

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment