Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Holidays

 We traveled to Louisiana for Christmas to spend the time with family and friends.  And, of course, there is never enough time to see everyone!

We were at my grandmother's for the traditional Christmas Eve lunch of roast, rice, rolls, and ice cream sundaes (ok, there were a few vegetables thrown in there, too!). My dad, Sarah, and my cousin's son Logan had fun handing out the presents.  






My brother and sister-in-law surprised Matt with money toward his car (the one he will purchase once he saves up enough money 'cause Mom and Dad aren't buying one...)


 



However, my brother decided to make him work for it.  He gave it to him in tightly rolled up $5 bills tied up with blue ribbon.




 







Santa brought Matt some more money for that car he is after and a Kindle Fire for Daniel.











That was pretty much all they got this year, but they seemed perfectly fine with that!





Santa brought Sarah a Belle princess dress with tiara, wand, and light up shoes.  Unfortunately, Santa was a little off on the shoe size, so we will have to work on getting some bigger ones.  (It didn't help that the little tart went through a major growth spurt after Santa placed the order.)





















She also loved hamming it up for the camera.





















The kids loved spending time with their cousins!











We also celebrated my mom's birthday, my sister-in-law's birthday, and after spending time with friends in Tennessee we finally made it back home.  (Only to be welcomed home by snow!)

Just so you know, this is going to be a very busy week.  If I'm not around much, just know that I am still thinking of you all!

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment