Monday, January 30, 2012

My first real homemade chicken soup!

I know this is really sad, but I have never really made homemade chicken noodle soup.  I don't do well without a recipe and it just has never been one that I have looked up.  I'm mean, really, how hard can it be?!

Daniel was sick, so this weekend I decided to go for it - with no recipe!  
This had the potential to be hazardous to our health...

So, first I cut up 1 carrot and 3 small stalks of celery and then sauted them in some olive oil for a few minutes.  


Then I added 1 tsp. of garlic and 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.


I let the chicken cook a little bit and then added 3 cans of chicken broth and 2 cans of water.  (I ended up needing to add another can of broth and about half a can of water.)


I added some salt, pepper, onion powder (Brian can't eat onions), and thyme and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.  I added half a package of egg noodles and let it cook another 10 minutes until the noodles were done.  


I have to say it was delicious!  Brian and I really enjoyed it.  

However, Sarah didn't want to eat it because it had chicken in it, Matt ate all of his but wouldn't admit it was any good, and Daniel thought it was better than some.  Now, if I stuck a can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup or ramen noodles in front of them, they would love it!  

What is a mom to do?!

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment