Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekends are for Plan B's

The kids were out of school on Friday because of snow the night before.  With temperatures in the teens, it was soooo cold!!!!  And then the snow started over again late Saturday afternoon. 



The flakes were tiny, but they came down like rain.  It snowed for several hours and if the flakes were bigger I think we would have seen more than 
just the 1 or 1 1/2 inches that lay on the ground.





I had planned on staying in all weekend (except to go to church).  I dreamed of the things I could accomplish while at home! But, my hibernation plan didn't quite go as I had imagined.  Matt had baseball conditioning, Brian had to go work on his dissertation (at Starbucks, of course), I discovered Sarah had a birthday party Saturday, and I forgot that Daniel had 
a dentist appointment on Monday.

So, instead of checking off all the items on my to-do list, 
we ran here and there, and then...

Sarah fixed me a feast at her "restaurant", I watched football with Matt, I laughed and joked with Daniel, watched a movie with the kids, and spent most of the day on Monday in our room with Brian catching up on old episodes of a British tv show he wanted us to watch together. 

My house is a mess, the laundry isn't done, I still have a few bills to pay, and the dishes still need to be washed...
but I think it was a wonderfully successful weekend.

Sometimes, the best laid plans aren't the best plans.  Sometimes, the best plans are the plan B's. Sometimes, the best plans just happen on cold, snowy, weekends...


Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment