Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January Menu (Well, Almost)

I started working on our menu while in the airport and then on the plane, but I pretty much gave up.  I hit a brick wall and could not get the juices flowing.  So I just tried to think of some things to fix and I'll figure it out along the way.  Just like tonight...

I had picked up some soup mix when I went to the grocery store over lunch on Monday.  The plan...soup, salad, and garlic bread.  I had already put the bread in the oven and pulled the soup mix out of the grocery sack (yep, still hadn't unloaded all the groceries!).  That is when I discovered there was a gash in the mix bag.  I will be taking that back later this week, but now I had to figure out a plan B.  Long story short, we ended up with cheesy egg noodles, salad, and the yummy bread!  Overall, plan B turned out pretty good.  Unfortunately, I still need to clean the kitchen...


So, here are some of the things I think we will be eating in January.

grilled cheese and soup
spaghetti, green beans, bread
gumbo and cornbread
sesame chicken and rice
chicken vermicelli and salad
tacos and spanish rice
shredded pork, mashed potatoes, baked beans
chicken tenders, mac-n-cheese, salad
chicken enchilada stacks
pork sandwiches and fries

We'll just have to see how and when all of this plays out.  I guess it will be our adventure for January!  Ok, that's just too sad.  
We have to find a better adventure!

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment