Monday, September 26, 2011

A Work in Progress

I have been wanting to do some work in the front flower beds, but I haven't taken the time do so (and I really hate working outside in the heat).

Last month the boys worked on dismantling a couple of beds in the backyard, which left me with some stone edgers.

I decided to use them to line the flower bed up front.  We have been needing to put in some mulch, but with the grading we figured a lot of it would just get washed away with the rain.   So, I thought I could use these to put an edge around the bed to keep in the dirt and mulch (plus they were free!).

I also wanted to get rid of the yuca plant.  I know some really like these plants, but it just wasn't doing it for me.  Especially along the front walk.

It wasn't as hard as I was afraid it would be, but it still wasn't easy to dig it all up.  

The roots went everywhere!

I am so sore, but it was definitely worth it.  I think it looks so much better!

Probably the only other thing we will do with it at this point is to put down some mulch, unless I can find some plants free or really cheap.  
(Right now those are the only kinds of projects that are going to get done!)

I am still trying to decide what color to paint the door.  The brick has some gray and more of an orange than red.  I really think black is the best color choice, but the front gets the afternoon heat and the door gets really hot.  I think it would be ok if we installed a storm door with the tinted glass.  Ideally, I would like to replace the door, but just a fresh coat of paint will make a world of difference! 

Living thru faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment