Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fresh Salsa

Friends were leaving town (actually the country) for a week and gave us some tomatoes before they left, so I decided to try my hand at homemade salsa again.  
The first time was some what successful. 
(I took the blender apart wrong and salsa went every where!)

I cut up the tomatoes, the bulbs of green onions, and jalapenos.


(The last time I handled jalapenos, I ended up getting juice on my contacts and had to wear my glasses  for 2 days!  
I hate my glasses! This time I wore gloves and still washed my hands repeated.)

I roasted them under the broiler for about 15 minutes.


(They probably could have gone a little bit longer, but I was impatient!)

I put minced garlic, the rest of the green onion, lime juice, and cilantro into a blender 
and then added the roasted tomato mix.  The tomatoes were hot, so I took the little top off the blender lid.  (I think you are supposed to do that!  I'm not the most knowledgeable cook in the kitchen!)


The result was yummy, although a little strong on the cilantro.  I had to throw away 3 of my tomatoes and forgot to adjust the amount of cilantro.  Maybe tomorrow I will pick up some more tomatoes and add them to the salsa to see if that will help. 


Did I mention that I'm not the best cook.  I do great with a recipe with measurements.  It's the things like this without exact measurements that do me in!




Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment