Monday, February 13, 2012

Meatless Mondays

While I was working we were spending about $600 a month on groceries and that didn't include all the eating out that we did.  Now that I am not working we have to cut the grocery budget and eating out 
will be a rare occasion (as it should be).

Not only do I need to look at the meals I am planning, but I realized I have to completely rethink how I shop.  While I was picking up some groceries this weekend I started to pick up a jar of spaghetti sauce.  The brand I usually buy has all natural ingredients and runs about $2.50 a jar.  But as I was heading down the aisle I thought "No, I'm making my own."  I had planned on it, but just hadn't really changed my way of thinking as I was shopping.

As far as the menu planning goes, one thing I am starting is Meatless Mondays.  This will not be popular with Matt!  Therefore, I will have to be creative.  We definitely can't be having rice and beans every Monday or I will have a mutiny on my hands!

So, we are starting off with...


pasta and broccoli with a garlic butter sauce and salad.  
(If I have some bread in the freezer, I will add that to help ease things with Matthew.)

I still need to work on the menu for the rest of the month, but I am hoping not to have buy anything else except for some milk or fresh produce.  

Wish me luck!

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment