Monday, February 27, 2012

Lessons Learned from a Busy Week

Last week was a good week.  
It was productive, it was fun, and it was extremely busy.

The boys were out of school on Monday, we had meetings two nights, Ash Wednesday service Wednesday evening, I did some follow-up training at my former office, got a haircut, babysat some cuties two days, spent time with friends, cleaned house, did laundry, cooked meals, but...

I did not do my Bible study, spend time playing or doing preschool work with Sarah, help Daniel with homework, plan the menu, 
or other things important for the family.

Everything I did was important and fun and I will continue to do in some form or another.  But when I reached Friday evening and had a hard time getting to sleep because I was stressing over everything I still needed to get done, I realized that I needed to do things a little different.

I left work to take care of my family.  Life will be busy.  Some weeks will be crazier than others.  However, I need to make sure the most important things take priority and the rest happens along the way.

So, I am striving to be more intentional.

More intentional about my routine.
More intentional about how I spend the time during the day.
More intentional about the choices I make.
More intentional about keeping the priorities in the right order.

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." 
Luke 10:41-42.

I am striving to be more intentional about choosing what is better...

Living thru faith,
Misty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment