We had some nice weather this week, so I decided to go ahead
and paint the front the door.
I would really love to replace the door, but that just isn't in the budget. I would rather have one that would let in more light than the little fan window at the top and one without the brass. I couldn't do anything about that part since the brass is incased in the window.
So, this is what it looked like before.
The door gets direct late afternoon sun and this color had faded over time. It actually looked pink. I had a hard time deciding on what color to paint the door because of the fading issue and the colors in the brick. I would love to have a red door, but the brick had more orange in it than red.
Plus the red would just end up pink again.
So, I decided to embrace the gray.
I think it turned out pretty good, but I'm not loving it.
I think I'll like it much better once I get everything else done.
I need to replace the upside down light fixture
(I'm not kidding. It was installed upside down. It doesn't fit right side up.)
I am going to paint the house numbers that you can't see in this picture. (They're brass.)
I am going to move some of the planters on the porch and would really love to find an old wooden bench or something to add some character.
And last, but not least, I plan to spruce up the flower beds.
So much to do. So little time. So little money.
This should be interesting! :-)
Living thru faith,