Friday, November 4, 2011

Stepping Out in Faith: A New Journey Begins

A while back I told you about some decisions that we were trying to make for our family (here).  

We have finally made the decision that I am going to stop working in January and 
go back to being a stay-at-home mom.  I had a desire to be home with my kids, but I didn't trust myself to know whether the desire was my own selfishness or a call being laid on my heart. 


 It has been a real struggle getting to this decision because on paper it makes absolutely no sense financially.  But one day I came to a realization... In an effort to be better stewards of the income we received, we had slowly started relying more on ourselves than on God to provide each month.

Over the last three or four months, God spoke to us in many ways.  However, the day this scripture verse popped up in my daily email from KLOVE I knew I had to listen and listen good.

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?   Luke 6:46

How could I live by faith and not trust Him?  He had been gently speaking to us all this time, but now He was laying it all out. Each time I said "but, God" I was really saying "I do not trust You."  

I was calling Him my Lord and not doing what He was asking me to do.  

When God gives you a desire in your heart, He won't let go until you figure it out.  I was saying I was willing to do what He wanted me to do, but not completely trusting Him in the details.
  



Once I stopped saying "but, God", I had to wait for Brian to do the same.  I knew we both had to be on board on this one and it was a painful few months while we struggled trying to discern and accept His will.  But now we know that we are on the right path.  We are already seeing changes in our family in the anticipation of what is to come.


I know that I am going home to take care of my family, but I also feel like there is something more that God is calling me to.  He just hasn't revealed it all to me yet...

So, as we take our first steps on this new journey, I invite you to come with us.  It is not going to be an easy journey, but with God as the guide it will be a great one!


Living thru faith (finally),
Misty


No comments:

Post a Comment