Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Psalm 118:1

First, you need to know that I have a little stubborn streak.  
I would say I get it from my mother. 
She would probably say I get it from my dad, which probably means I get it from both of them and you may want to watch out when it shows up.   
I admit it doesn't always look pretty.

We have been going through a period of testing over the last week. 
Which brings me to the second thing you need to know.
When I know I'm being tested, I get stubborn. 
I dig in my heels and will not be moved.  
(This is when that stubborn streak comes in handy.)

We knew why we were being tested.  It was all about me giving up my income to stay home to care for my family.  I will share more about how we were being tested next week, but I wanted to share the results with you now.  
Sunday morning our pastor preached on Psalm 118.  God used his words and the words in the worship music to reaffirm my decision.  
I dug my heels in deeper, trusting in a God who will love me forever!

The service ended with the beautiful hymn " 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus."  How those words touched my soul that morning!

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

With all the things I have to be thankful for, the one thing I am most thankful for is that I have a God who loves me, who fights for me, who never leaves me, and who will always carry me when I cannot walk on my own.




Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment