Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I'm Back!

Sorry I've been MIA! I started feeling bad on Thursday, over did it on Friday and Saturday, and went down hill from there.  Sarah shared her germs with me and, of course, they weren't kind.  I ran a low grade fever for about 3 days.  Not high, but just enough to make me feel bad and be pretty much worthless.  But, thankfully, I'm back at work today and ready to get back in the swing of things.  I think!

My Thanksgiving turkey wasn't my best this year, but my apple pie turned out amazing!  At least that is what I've been told.  I wasn't up to eating it that evening and they ate all the leftovers. 


Of  course I got a picture of the turkey and not the pie!

We did manage to get the tree up on Friday and the guys put the outside lights up on Saturday.  However, before we could put up the tree we had to move some furniture and Brian took the opportunity to turn over the couch to see why we were sinking in the middle.


One of the springs was completely out and a middle piece was broken.  When Daniel was little we were constantly telling him to stop jumping on the couch.  I knew they would give out one of these days.  Brian was able to get the spring back in place and secure things a little bit better.  The middle cross piece is still broken, but we are no longer sinking in a hole!

I want to show you some better pictures of the Christmas decorations later, but here is a little taste.



Check out what I did with the stockings!  We do not have a mantel, I didn't want to put nail holes in the wall, I couldn't find the clear command strips, and I really didn't want to spend any money.  So I took down the valance and hung the stockings!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and pray that your Christmas season will be filled with joy as we anticipate the arrival of our Savior!

Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment