Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's Day

Ok, I know I'm a little late in posting, but what can I say...
it's been busy and I've been tired.  :-)

We had a wonderful day on Sunday.

I woke up and decided to make pancakes & syrup.  
(As I measured the flour, I was praying I had enough.  Whew!  Just enough.)

(So not my pancakes, but they do look nice, don't they?!)

After church we came home and made homemade pizza.  Yummy!

(Nope, not mine either!)

Then we went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins!  
All 5 of us...to the same movie!!!  


Do you know how hard it is to find a family friendly movie that will not bore 
a 16 year old boy and keep the attention of a 4 year old girl?! 
It was really cute and Brian thinks he heard Matt laugh a few times.  
Daniel enjoyed it and Sarah sat still (for the most part) and loved the penguins.  
Score for family time!


After the movie, we went to Kohls and scored a few deals, then shared appetizers at Applebees, and  went to Bruester's for ice cream.


On the way home we stopped and picked up "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" (me being the only one who had never seen it) and then snuggled in to watch the movie.

By the time the day ended, I was pretty tired.  But it was a good tired.  
It was so nice just being together as a family on such a special day.



Living thru faith,
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment