Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Water Needed

I really can't remember the last time it rained here.  We've had it around us, but somehow it always seemed to elude us.  Until Sunday night!  We were all so excited that we had to open the door just to watch it.  We had forgotten what it looked like! 

via

With the lack of rain for so long the grass has turned crunchy and brown and the flowers are struggling not to do the same.  So, we've done the only thing we could do...water.  Without water our new plants (and the old ones) would die.  So we provide water for them to live.

Just like the plants, our bodies need water to survive.  We can survive for a while without food, however only days without water.  Without water our bodies would surely die.  So we drink water in order to live.

However, as I was thinking over all this I was reminded that there is something else that needs watering.  Something else that would cease to live without water...our souls. 

"Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.  Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."  John 4:8

Our souls need a special kind of water.  Not the water that comes out of the tap, but a living water.



Just like our bodies become dehydrated without water, our souls shrivel up without the living water.  My soul has been thirsting of late because I haven't been drinking enough living water.  I haven't spent enough time visiting with the one that gives the living water to provide my soul an adequate amount to nourish it.  I have been tasting enough to keep from shriveling up, but not drinking enough to keep from wilting like the plants outside my door on these hot summer days.

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God."  Psalm 42:1-2

I think it is time to sit and drink a tall glass of living water.  Oh, how refreshing to my soul!
 
Living thru faith,
Misty



No comments:

Post a Comment