Friday, September 11, 2009

The Journey Continues

Well, it looks like I'm back to blogging again. Life has been a whirlwind since my last post and there has not been any time to even think about posting. Now that things have finally started to slow down, I really want to get focused again on sharing our journey as we continue to live through faith.

God has provided so much for us during this current chapter in our lives and continues to do so. Most recently, he has provided a wonderful retreat in our new home that we really only know we have for this year. We don't know what is in store for us after that, but we are watching and waiting to see what He does.

As far as the frugal side goes, I have been feeling this overwhelming need to get our car paid off. I hate debt and this is driving me crazy! (No pun intended) My true hope and prayer is to have it paid off by Christmas; however, to do that would mean coming up with another $1100 per month on top of what we are paying now (by basic math, not factoring out the whole compound interest thing - yuk!).

In Psalms 17:1, David cries out to God "Hear, O Lord, my righteous plea; listen to my cry. Give ear to my prayer - it does not rise from deceitful lips." He continued to cry out to the Lord while hearing nothing. Throughout his turmoil, he continued to live each day through faith. So, I have decided to present my plea to God and see what He does. He may not answer it as I would like, but I know He will answer it with His perfect plan.

As far as this month is concerned, it looks like we will have that extra to put on the car payment. With the way paychecks lined up last month and this month and an extra paycheck next month, we won't have to take a rent check out of the 2 checks for September. So with that and a couple of other things, I think we are on track for making a large payment at the end of September. There are still a couple of weeks left in the month, so we will see what really happens! I know this scenario won't be the same next month, so I will just take it one step at a time and see how God chooses to answer and continue to live through faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment