Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Thrown Together Dinner Success

I am on a quest...

a quest to use up leftovers before I have to throw them away.

I hate throwing food away!  It's like throwing away cash!

Now, the first thing you need to understand is that I don't do well without a recipe.  I can make just about anything if I have a recipe with real measurements.  

A recipe without real measurements is a bit scary!
So, tonight's dinner was huge for me!


These are the ingredients I had on hand

white corn tortillas (left over from another recipe)
taco sauce
cheddar cheese
half a can of green chiles
left over grilled chicken (frozen, cut into strips)

I thawed out the chicken in the microwave, and then mixed it with the green chiles, some cheddar cheese, and some taco sauce.  The chicken had already been marinated in a great marinade before grilling, so I didn't think it would need any more seasoning.

I sprayed a 9x13 pyrex dish and then put a little of the taco sauce on the bottom. I tore the tortillas into strips and placed one layer of tortillas in the pan.  Next I spread out the chicken mixture, covered that with a layer of cheese, then a layer of tortilla strips, taco sauce, and topped with cheese and a few leftover chiles. (Sorry I do not have any pictures of the steps!  I just wasn't thinking!  And who knew how it would turn out anyway.)

I baked it for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees.  Just enough to melt the cheese.


And...it actually turned out good!

Daniel even said I should make it again!

Miracles do still happen!  :-)


Living thru faith,
Misty

 

No comments:

Post a Comment